Saturday, September 24, 2011

Charleston

I'm in love with Charleston, S.C. I got to visit the city for the first time last weekend. I took Thursday and Friday off of work, and Leah and I met my parents in Charleston. They had arrived two days prior to celebrate their anniversary.

After my parents picked Leah and me up from the airport, we drove to Sullivan's Island just outside of Charleston. It felt great to stick my feet in the Atlantic! We had a pretty good lunch at a place called Poe's Tavern, and we had an amazing Italian dinner at Bacco's.







On Friday, we toured downtown Charleston by foot with a tour guide named Tommy. He explained the city's history. This tour was probably my favorite part of the trip. I learned so much. Dinner Friday was at Coast, which was within walking distance to our hotel. Our meal was OK, but not as good as dinner at Bacco's.












Like our matching T-shirts? We didn't pack well for the trip. It was much colder than we expected! We had to buy these T-shits to stay warm on our tour.


Saturday, we spent a lot of time shopping. I didn't expect Charleston to have such great shopping! We also watched the UT v. Florida game at a local pub. Dinner Saturday night was my favorite. We ate a place called Cru Cafe inside of an old historical home.




Meet Larry -- one of the city's tour guides.


I was sad to leave Sunday. The trip was definitely too short. But I plan to return one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment