Saturday, May 7, 2011

Kentucky Derby

Introduction
I did it. I finally created a blog -- something I've been wanting to do for a while now. I'm an avid reader of several blogs of all different kinds, and I've always wanted to start one of my own. But I didn't know what I'd blog about. Then, after a co-worker told me she uses her blog to document her family's life (she has it made into a book at the end of each year), I decided that I wanted to do the same. Thus begins the documentation...

Kentucky Derby
Today's post is short and sweet. Something to kick off the blog. It was a pretty fun day at least.
I love the Kentucky Derby, but I don't really know why. It's a whole lot of excitement for a race that only lasts no more than a few minutes. But I guess it's the tradition of it all...and maybe it's hearing the really weird interesting horses' names. Brian and I watched most of the coverage leading up to the race and the race too, of course.
Go Animal Kingdom!

Afterwards we decided to grill burgers for dinner because the weather was so nice. Hence the photo above of Brian, the grill master.
A relaxing evening for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment