Saturday, March 3, 2012

Movie-Filled Weekend in Birmingham

Made another trip to Birmingham last weekend to see Brian! I took Friday off from work to get in earlier than usual, and when I arrived, we took off to go see Safe House. (The weekend was full of movies for us!)

After the movie, we tried to grab dinner out, but the restaurants we tried were packed! We didn't want to wait, so we went with plan B: frozen pizza from Whole Foods-- eaten on the floor in front of the TV while watching The Hangover Part II. A great Friday night.



After breakfast on Saturday, we went to Brian's lacrosse practice. He coaches U11 lacrosse in Mountain Brook. It was fun to watch!

After practice we ate lunch, searched for new khakis for Brian and made a trip to Home Depot for a gift for our friends' couples shower. Then we went to another great movie, Act of Valor! Definitely recommend this movie for anyone who is as fascinated by Navy SEALs as Brian and I are.


We didn't even try to go out to eat Saturday night. We knew that by the time we got out of the theater, restaurants would already be packed, so we went to Whole Foods and got stuff to make a quick and easy pasta dinner.




I left for home on Sunday after a run in our favorite park and lunch outside (I love spring weather!). It was a great weekend. Though I can't wait for Brian and I to live in the same city, I will miss my weekend trips to Birmingham when he graduates in May.


No comments:

Post a Comment