Monday, February 20, 2012

Lately

As the wedding gets closer, it's getting harder and harder to find time to blog. We're getting in married in exactly three months! Our announcement was in the paper yesterday.


I'm definitely ready for May 19 to be here, and while I know the wedding will be so much fun (and we'll enjoy seeing our friends and family all together), I'm ready to be on our honeymoon!

The remainder of our wedding "ToDos" includes a lot of little details...and those details add up! One thing I'm really struggling with is finding shoes to fit my minature feet. Who knew finding wedding shoes could be so hard? Most that I try on are too big, and I can't risk tripping down the aisle in shoes that don't fit. :)

But enough about the wedding...just a quick update on what we've been up to besides wedding planning!

Valentine's Day
Brian and I celebrated Valentine's Day a few days early because he was in Birmingham on Feb. 14. We don't put too much emphasis on the holiday, but it is a great excuse to go out to dinner. We tried Acre, which opened in Memphis last summer. The atmosphere was great (warm, rustic, charming), but the food was just OK. Brian and I both decided we probably wouldn't come back.


Car
Brian got a new car. After more than eight years in his Nissan Pathfinder, it was time to retire his beloved first car. We'll surely miss that car, but right now, I know he's enjoying his new one: a blue Nissan Murano.


Dog-sitting
I got to spend Thursday night with Bronx while his parents were out of town. Allie and her dog Walt came over to play, too.


House/Apartment Searching
I've been searching the Memphis rental market for a place for Brian and me to live. We decided we'd like to move into a place before our wedding, so we can slowly get settled and move furniture. If we find a place early, I'll move in, and Brian will move in after the honeymoon because he's in school until May 12. It's so hard to find just the right home in the right area. I found a great home in East Memphis, but the owner wants someone who can move in next week! Because we're not quite ready to move in, we decided that we'll hold off on looking for now and resume the search again in mid-March.


No comments:

Post a Comment