Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Adams in Birmingham

This weekend, my mom, dad, sister and I headed to Birmingham. Brian has lived there for a year now, and my parents have never seen the area. This weekend seemed like the perfect time to show them around. Leah and I arrived Friday evening. We picked up Brian and went to dinner at Tavern on the Summit close to home.


We were tired after the drive (and work) and wanted something easy. Then we went back to the apartment to have some wine (and German beer, courtesy of Meg!) and watch a movie. We attempted to play scrabble, but the movie was more appealing.


My parents arrived early Saturday morning. We immediately went to the Soho area of Homewood to browse around the shops and have lunch. We ate at Urban Cookhouse -- a neat little cafe with local, organic food.



Brian and my dad were patient as Leah, my mom and I hit nearly every shop, including our favorite -- At Home. Such cute home decor and furniture.


They did get some quality bonding time, though, over a couple beers while we shopped! I also especially enjoyed a cute shop called Weddings Etc. I bought my garter! :)

Saturday night we went to dinner at Dram Whiskey Bar and had a blast! Dram is a neat restaurant with great burgers...and whiskey! The walls are made wood from a whiskey distillery.



Sunday we stayed for a while. We went on a walk, toured some Birmingham neighborhoods, saw Brian's school, ate lunch and shopped some more. I also had my yogurt fix for the weekend at 32 Degrees. Yogurt is necessary when it's hot and humid!


By 4 p.m. we left Birmingham and headed home. It was a great weekend, and I'm glad my parents got to see where Brian lives. I can't wait until Brian and I live in the same city though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment