Wednesday, June 1, 2011

God Bless America... and Monteagle

I thoroughly enjoyed my four-day Memorial Day weekend.


On Friday, Brian and I headed to Monteagle, Tenn. -- just outside of Sewanee's campus -- where his parents had rented a log cabin for the four of us. I've been to the same cabin (called "Lagniappe") twice before -- once with the Weltons and once for Brooke's bachelorette party last summer. It's a nice, new cabin on a scenic lot -- luxury in the woods!



My favorite part is the back balcony, which has a gorgeous view.


Brian's parents beat us to the cabin Friday afternoon and had done most of the unpacking by the time we arrived. Right away I wanted to see his parents' lot, which is in the same neighborhood as the cabin we rented!  They bought a great piece of land overlooking a creek last year. Plans to build their own cabin are in the making.



After a full tour of the lot, we returned to cabin and enjoyed a relaxing evening full of wine and steak!


Amazing!! And more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment