Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wedding Update: 136 Days

Only about 4.5 months to go! I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by, and I figured it was time for another update.


Cake
We selected a cake baker! After a couple meetings, we chose to go with Create a Cake. The small business is owned by two young women who design and make cakes of all kinds. We'd heard good things about them and loved the samples we tried.

Save-the-Date Cards
Cards have been ordered and addressed! We made them through this website and are pleased with the final product. All we have to do is mail them. I'll post a photo of them one day, but not until all guests have received theirs!

Bridemaids Dresses
Dresses will be ordered Jan. 10! You can see what they look like here.

Gift Registry
Brian and I have registered at four places: Babcock, Macy's, Williams-Sonoma, and Bed, Bath & Beyond.

Accommodations
For those coming from out of town, blocks of rooms have been reserved at two local hotels.

We still have more left to do, of course. Here's what's next...
  • Invitations: We have an appointment at a stationery store on Saturday.
  • Dress fitting: I need to alter my dress.
  • Shoes: To hem my dress to the right length, I need to pick out shoes to wear on the big day!
  • Honeymoon: We're continuing to meet with a travel agent and will start booking stuff soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment