Monday, January 2, 2012

2012, Here I Come!

I almost never make New Year's resolutions. But with the changes ahead in 2012, I decided that now would be a good time to write down some of my top goals for the upcoming year.

I tried to make each goal as measureable as I could, following advice from one of my favorite blogs.


Even though I feel a little silly announcing my resolutions on my blog, I'm doing it any way to hold myself accountable.

...So in 2012, I aim to do the following:

Wake up early enough each morning to eat a healthy breakfast and pack lunch. This might seem simple enough, but especially lately, I've found myself hitting the snooze button far too many times. Though I'm not late to work, I feel rushed getting out the door and often grab a quick (insubstantial) breakfast. And when I don't pack a lunch, I'm tempted by all the unhealthy options in our hospital cafeteria. Plus the cafeteria costs extra money. Not smart.

Exercise three times a week. Because it's good for me.

Run the Road Race Series again. I loved doing it for the first time this year, and I'm hoping Brian will run it with me in 2012.

Run a half marathon. Yes, I was supposed to run at least one half marathon for the Road Race Series this year, but I didn't.  (I didn't run any more of the races after the first 10 miler.) I will do a 13.1-mile race!

Start graduate school. I would like to enroll in a local MBA program for the fall semester.

Blog at least two times a week. I started this blog in May and have thorougly enjoyed blogging! But I've only done, on average, a little more than four posts per month. In 2012, I want to blog more often and take more pictures to capture our memories.

Enjoy a happy, fun marriage with Brian. Most importantly, I want to put our marriage first in 2012 (and all the years after, of course), as we adjust to married life together. Marriage is the biggest change we'll face in 2012, and I can't wait! Without getting too cheesy, I look forward to embarking on this journey with Brian and growing in our relationship together.

No comments:

Post a Comment